Having a strong business structure and support network is key to G4S delivering a very professional service.
G4S International Maritime Solutions (IMS) office is based in the JLT Free Zone in Dubai, UAE. All administration, finance, legal, HR, sales and commercial are taken care of from these offices. From an operational aspect, G4S IMS also has offices in Djibouti where our operations director and operations managers sit. This provides G4S with the best capabilities and resources by having both offices working closely together to provide the best services for our clients.
G4S IMS operate a high professional, experienced and skilful Security Escort Team on board clients’ vessels transiting through the high risk areas of the Indian Ocean, Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. Our Security Escort Teams have the highest level of protective equipment and weapons in order to successfully deter and defeat and piracy attack that might occur on board.
G4S operates an effective & professional team deployment plan. Our security escort teams have the highest level of protective equipment and weapons in order to successfully protect against piracy attacks that might occur on board. Security escort teams are deployed to customers’ vessels & G4S have a clearly defined operational strategy to protect our customers’ people and assets against piracy attacks.
- Detect the presence of pirates and pinpoint their location utilising all available aids and intelligence.
- Rapid communications and exchange of information with nearest Naval vessels.
- Making G4S presence known is key as this alone can be a major deterrent to pirates.
- Apply a graduated escalating response to deter piracy encroachment.
- Evasive manoeuvres and graduated escalating use of force can be the difference between allowing pirates to board and ensuring the ship passes safely through the high risk area.
As part of our standard processes, G4S complete a full risk assessment for each vessel we are escorting to continually apply the most suitable security solution for the prevailing risk environment.
- The most important objective is to ensure the pirates are defeated with lethal force only used as a last resort, in accordance with international Rules for the Use of Force.